Capt Nolan Plate
Capt Nolan M. Plate is the Education Officer for Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 595. He oversees standardization and evaluation of AFROTC curriculum within the Detachment and currently teaches the teaches the Senior AS400 course.
Capt Plate entered the Air Force and earned his commission in May 2014 from Detachment 645 Ohio State University. After completing Undergraduate Combat Systems Officer Training, he went on to fly the RC-135 S/U/W at Offutt AFB, NE, working in various roles around the squadron. After completing Squadron Officer School, Capt Plate went through Pilot Instructor Training and the Instructor Training Syllabus to become an Instructor Combat Systems Officer where he held the titles of Flight Commander, Deputy Chief of Mission Plans, and Chief of T-1 Safety.
Capt Plate has deployed 6x in support of HHQ missions all across the world, and has accumulated 1300+ flying hours, 75+ combat hours, and 200+ instructor hours.
- 2014 Bachelor of Arts, Strategic Communication, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 2016 Undergraduate Combat Systems Officer School, Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL.
- 2019 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, AL
- 2021 Master of Science, Sports and Health Science, American Military University, Charles Town, WV
- 2021 Electro Magnetic Spectrum Operations Course, Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL
- 2023 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Course, Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, TX
- 2023 Aircraft Safety Program Management, Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM
- Sept 2014 – April 2016- Undergraduate Combat Systems Officer Training, 479th Flying Training Squadron, NAS Pensacola, FL
- April 2016 – May 2017- Navigator, RC-135, 338th Training Squadron/45th Recon Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE
- May 2017 – August 2018- Training Officer, 45th Recon Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE
- August 2018- November 2019- Standards and Evaluations Officer, 45th Recon Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE
- December 2019- June 2020- Instructor Combat Systems Officer in Training, 451st Flying Training Squadron, NAS Pensacola, FL
- June 2020- July 2021- Flight Commander, 451st Flying Training Squadron, NAS Pensacola, FL
- July 2021- May 2022- Deputy Chief Department of Mission Planning, 451st Flying Training Squadron, NAS Pensacola, FL
- May 2022- July 2023- Chief of T-1 Safety, 451st Flying Training Squadron, NAS Pensacola, FL
- July 2023- Present- Education Officer, Detachment 595 North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Rating: Senior Combat Systems Officer
Flight hours: 1300+
Aircraft flown: T-6, T-1A, TC135, RC135 S/U/W, T-38, F-15E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Air and Space Commendation Medal with one oak leaf clusters
- Air and Space Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
- Air and Space Longevity Service Award with one oak leaf cluster
- Air and Space Training Ribbon
- Meritorious Unit Award
- National Defense Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Developmental Special Duty Ribbon
- 2022 EEX Special Experience ID- Electronic Combat Coordinator
- 2023 AETC Master Instructor
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Second Lieutenant May 4, 2014
- First Lieutenant July 6, 2016
- Captain July 6, 2018
(Current as of July 2023)