Master Sergeant Shannon L. Banks
Master Sergeant Shannon L. Banks is the Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) at Detachment 595, North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. As the NCOIC, MSgt Banks leads in the management of Detachment 595 for all administrative and cadet personnel records actions and updates. MSgt Banks is responsible for the monitoring and update for all scholarship actions conclusive with tuition, fees, subsistence and textbooks. As the NCOIC, MSgt Banks oversees the cadet life-cycle personnel actions and updates for medical, physical, enlistment actions, categorization and commissioning processes from cradle to grave.
MSgt Banks enlisted in the Air Force in 1997 after graduating from High School in the Personnel Specialist (3S0X1) career field. After her enlistment, she has spent her entire career in the Personnel career field managing all areas from the Commander’s Support Staff, Officer and Enlisted Evaluations and Promotions, Air Force Classification actions and NCOIC of the Personnel Readiness Function for deployment processing. She was also hand selected to work for Air Forces North Command, First Air Force as the Assistant Readiness Operation center NCOIC at Tyndall Air Force Base apart of Joint Operations. Prior to her current assignment, she worked at 96th Force Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, Florida as the NCOIC of Force Management and NCOIC, Personnel Deployment Function Line leading over 20 Airmen/NCO’s while servicing 5.9K personnel across 6 MAJCOMs/7 Wings and Wing equivalent units and 40 Associate Units.
2002 Airman Leadership School, in residence, Kadena Air Base Japan
2009 Associate degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL
2011 Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Academy, in residence, Tyndall AFB, FL
2013 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) Academy, by correspondence, Eglin AFB, FL
2014 Joint Senior Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) PME Course, by correspondence, Eglin AFB, FL C
1. October 1997 – October 1998, Outbound Assignment Specialist, 95th Mission Support Squadron, Edwards AFB, CA.
2. October 1998 – July 2001, Commander’s Support Staff Technician, 62nd Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, AR.
3. July 2001 – July 2002, Commander’s Support Staff Technician, 18th Services Squadron, Kadena ABS, Japan.
4. July 2002 – August 2004, Assistant NCOIC, Evaluations, 18th Mission Support Squadron, Kadena ABS, Japan.
5. August 2004 – December 2005, Assistant NCOIC, Enlisted Promotions and Special Actions, 18th Mission Support Squadron, Kadena ABS, Japan.
6. December 2005 – December 2006, NCOIC, Enlisted Promotions, 325th Mission Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL
7. December 2006 – October 2007, NCOIC, Officer Promotions and Special Actions, 325th Mission Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
8. October 2007 – June 2008, NCOIC, Customer Service, 325th Mission Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
9. July 2008 – March 2009, Assistant NCOIC, Readiness Operations, First Air Force, Tyndall AFB, FL.
10. March 2009 – September 2011, NCOIC, Classifications, Leave and Duty Status, 96th Force Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL
11. September 2011 – September 2012, NCOIC, Customer Support Section, filled in as 5 month Superintendent, Customer Support 96th Force Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL.
12. September 2012 – September 2013, NCOIC Career Development Section, 96th Force Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL.
13. September 2013 – May 2014, NCOIC, Force Management Section, 96th Force Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL.
14. June 2014 – Present, NCOIC, AFROTC Detachment 595, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with one silver cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Airman First Class June 11, 1997
Senior Airman October 11, 1999
Staff Sergeant October 1, 2002
Technical Sergeant February 1, 2009
Master Sergeant August 1, 2016
(Current as of July 2016)